There are many advantages to studying abroad within the framework of an exchange programme. For example, you do not have to pay tuition fees, and your Department helps you arrange all the practical details.
In order to study abroad as part of an exchange programme, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- The student must be a registered student at the University of Gothenburg at the time of application.
- The planned exchange studies must be carried out on a full-time basis and must be applicable towards a future academic degree from the University of Gothenburg.
- First-cycle students must have completed at least 60 higher education credits at the University of Gothenburg* by the beginning of the exchange period. Second-cycle students must be studying at the University of Gothenburg at the time of application, yet are not required to have completed 60 higher education credits at the second-cycle level by the beginning of the exchange period.
- The student must be able to provide evidence of his/her language skills according to the requirements presented by the host university.
- On the last date of application, the applicant must be able to provide evidence of a normal rate of study. ‘Normal rate of study’ refers to a student studying full or part time, in accordance with the rate for which s/he was admitted to the University.
In addition to these criteria, your home faculty might have additional ranking criteria, information about this can be found on the faculty web-site.